Monday, March 30, 2020

Week 9

I have been working on how to layout my spreads all of this week. I have also been creating graphics on computer to be next to things like packing list, travel, pubs and afternoon tea. My goal is to combine actual pictures and computer graphics for the spread.

Here are some progress pictures:




 The red symbols above are ones that show interconnecting lines on the Underground map. I wanted to use these as bullet points for the packing list.


Here are some thoughts as I went through designing these spreads. At first I had a tough time with how I wanted to lay everything out and push my design to really intrigue the reader as well as including stuff from the mapping system. On the first spread as my sidebar I designed it to look like the key that is including on the mapping system. This is just to talk a little on the history of the Underground and other ways people can travel. I included all of the lines that I included on the second spread and made sure if they were back to back that the line would include seamlessly onto the next spread. For the "Places to Visit" spread I came up with the idea to actually link each location to the line a tourist would take to travel there. This way a tourist could utilize the spread when traveling. To further this idea I made the titles the same color as the line so readers would know. I also created little beer and tea graphics to show some places to eat and a key for the lines that are included on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment